We will be learning how to use vectors to solve physics problems. Extending our range of motion from one-dimensional motion into two-dimensional motion brings us into the realm of projectile motion.
- Vector Basics
- Vector Components
- Vector Addition (perpendicular vectors)
- Example – Projectile on Flat Ground
- Example – Projectile from High to Low
Motion in 2D (PhET) – A simulation showing two dimensional motion using vectors
Ladybug Motion 2D (PhET) – A simulation showing a ladybug moving in two dimensions using vectors
Projectile Motion (PhET) – A simulation of projectile motion. Allows you to calculate velocities and ranges and then launch a car to check your work.
The Physics Classroom:
- Vectors: Motion and Force in Two Dimensions – We are covering Lessons 1 and 2 in this unit.
- Vectors and Projectiles Multimedia – The section titled “Vectors and Projectiles”
Instructional Videos from Georgia Public Broadcasting: